03 December 2010

THE Salvador

Okay, so it is about time I revealed some more of my travel plans.  After landing in the bustling metropolis of Managua at 1:09am (if we get lucky and somehow make our connection in Florida), we will be whisked away by limousine (cheap airport shuttle) to our fancy chalet ($8/night hostel).  But by 10am the next morning, we will be headed to the idyllic Laguna de Apoyo.  After that, it is off to Granada, Isla de Ometepe, and then to San Juan del Sur to finish off our Nicaraguan getaway. 
After I say goodbye to Gabe and Eric, I will head overland to San Salvador, where I will be meeting my dad for another 2 weeks of traveling.  “Why El Salvador?” is a question I often get asked.  People always say Nicaragua is definitely a good choice, but few have offered much enthusiasm about El Salvador; in fact, some people have told me they’ve heard it was really unsafe (partly true, but in reality, it’s no more dangerous than any international city, like Baghdad or Kabul).  Well, anyway, to answer the question of “Why El Salvador,” I stare dumbly at the person and reply “Well, duh.  It’s the Salvador.”  I’ve been to many a fake Salvador, but this is the Salvador.  Also, we have a family friend, Oliver Komar, who lives in San Salvador.  (Although, if you count Gaul as my brother, you could say Oliver is family). 
I’ll keep this post short.  As promised, I have told you more of my plans.  (And in case you were wondering, that line about Baghdad and Kabul was a joke).

 Happy Hanukah (or Chanukah or Chanukkah or Chanuka or however you spell it),
Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment